St Joseph’s is a large suburban parish covering the districts of Wealdstone and Harrow Weald in the Archdiocese of Westminster and is located in the London Borough of Harrow.
It was founded by the Salvatorians in 1901 as their first house in the UK and grew very rapidly in the 1920′s and 1930′s when a large number of houses were built in the area. The fine Church was built from 1929-31 and designed by Adrian Gilbert Scott in a broadly Arts & Crafts style although with Gothic revival influences.
The Salvatorians established the Salvatorian College in 1926 and this is now a flourishing Specialist Science & Maths College for boys from 11-18 years. Other schools in the parish are St Joseph’s Primary School, St Teresa’s Primary School and Sacred Heart Language College for girls.