The Parish of St Joseph’s is staffed by the Salvatorians, a Roman Catholic Religious Order founded in Rome in 1881 by the Venerable Francis Jordan.
Our official title is the Society of the Divine Saviour and our main purpose is to bring people everywhere to a greater knowledge and love of our Divine Saviour. This means that we are an international missionary order in the very broadest sense.
We also believe it is important to use all the ways and means that Christ inspires to spread his Good News. For this reason Salvatorians are to be found using their talents in all sorts of capacities in parishes, missions, schools, universities, hospitals and many other situations thoughout the world.
The British Pro-province consists of thirty members living and working in Britain and Ireland but coming from several different countries.
Our Motherhouse is in Rome near St Peter’s Square and in a special chapel there the tomb of our Founder, Father Jordan, is located. There are about 1,200 Salvatorian Fathers and Brothers worldwide.
Father Jordan also founded the Sisters of the Divine Saviour.